Sunday, October 12, 2008

The overeducated?

My friend Charlie sent me a NYT article by David Brooks called, "The Class War Before Palin". In the article Brooks talks about how the Republican party has driven away conservative "intellectuals". Personally I think the article is baloney from top to bottom. I've seen Brooks many times on PBS's NewsHour and have always thought the guy was a lightweight. Never mind that he writes things like, "Palin is smart, politically skilled, courageous and likable. Her convention and debate performances were impressive". That's just the usual partisan BS but what caught my eye was this line, "The nation is divided between the wholesome Joe Sixpacks in the heartland and the oversophisticated, overeducated, oversecularized denizens of the coasts". Please please please someone show me anyone who is overeducated? Is he kidding! How can someone be overeducated? Only a conservative could celebrate ignorance and only someone who is undereducated could complain about someone being overeducated.
Digg this

No comments: